Saturday, November 13, 2010

RAINING MISSES

I miss the rain that wets my brain
I have the brain that rains in vain
But sane is the brain that reminisces
For time steals the best of life misses
Like thinking of rain in a leaky hut
Feeling seething emotions in the heart
Remembering a path you tread no more
Reminiscing about the joys now sore
Nostalgic!
Apologetic!
Regretful!
Remorseful!

I miss the rain that made me jump
Collected memories now in a dump
I miss the rain that wets only the body
Somethings gone that dampen me moody.
Where in the silence of time is my rain
The summer green that brought crop gain
I miss the plough and the spanned beasts
The innocence now lost in shrunken breasts
I miss the crack of nuts and the chewing chatter
I miss the greenery of harvested worms
The hissing fires that roasted the worms.
Sunrises missed!
Sunsets missed!
Smells lost!
Tastes lost!

I miss the cow trail and the ubiquitous dung
I miss the breeze and wild fruits that hung
The hills that echoed and bushes that fed
I miss the guardians that mentored and led
I curse the now that colours pretext gold
The present that spells greed in deep bold
I hate the now that speaks in forked tongues
The hand shakers that wish they had tongs
Bounty abandoned!
Greed now adorned!
Loves discarded!
Hatreds regarded!

By Andrew Onalenna Sesinyi
Novemver 13, 2010

No comments: