Sunday, November 28, 2010

INFATUATION

I didn't ask for that or bask in it
Just fell in it and now tell a bit
In a crowded room radiated her smile
I saw and sawed in cruel edits of my bile
How could I crave emotion in places strange
And fixed in me feelings that frankly derange

Yet see her face fused in mind I did
Yes my heart pounding beats made a bid
As I told and tried to hold my feelings in check
That I'm my ship captain slouching on deck
That ship may sink if I do, flounder if I didn't
So I looked, liked and loved but still didn't

Loving a stranger is strangest to the stranger
New to the holder but known to be the danger
The danger of free soul in sole solidarity
Solidly reciting an unwritten cordiality
Trusting truthfully that it shall sell to soul
Transcend strange barriers but still be whole

The stranger smiled back as I stared aback
Unbeknown to me was the charm on track
The disbelief that I could expressly impress
In what if wrongly received could depress
Yet I won the heart of the stranger
And my love plane was in safe hangar

Then it all dissipated
Totally unanticipated
It didn't return
I didn't pretend
It was just so gone
Before it was borne

I knew then that loving a stranger
Is loving a miss that spells hunger
A hunger for societal hugs and embraces
That on self x-ray show no firm traces
Best then is to make strangers familiar
Then you can love that which is similar.

By Andrew Sesinyi
November 27, 2010

No comments: