Monday, March 23, 2009

THE OLD MAN WITH A BEARD...

Why does it sadden me so...
to see his age lines
written in long-winding sentences
accross his front page...his visage..

In the lack-lustre gloom of his eyes
still, I see a star-like twinkle.
Why does he draw me so strong
like a good book on a dusty shelf...

It's just a bearded old man in age blonde
Yet, he is so much more, and much more
All about him is old, yet so bold
His face and hair are a match in grey

I just must know before I go
his power house, his power base
What in such weakness is so strong?
Before I go, I just must know

Thought: Hold still, thought!
I see beyond my sense of sight
I cherish this precious thought
that slipped into the palm of my mind...

He is more gold than he is old
This old man has more than grey
He has years in priceless, prizeless currency
He has lived...
He has let live...
He has made...
as he was made...
He will go....
but then, so shall I....

Author: Andrew Sesinyi in a pensive mood...

No comments: