Wednesday, June 12, 2024



 This is my 2024 publication that I am very proud of. In this collection of short stories, I apply my profound views on a variety of themes, including gender, AIDS, conservation, wildlife in general, alcohol abuse, partisan politics and others. 

The most trying challenge was "making the animals speak" but I enjoyed the endeavour tremendously. 

My writing as a hobby, is not as dormant as it seems; I would say, it's not rushed but stable. I have finished revisions on my sequel "to Love on the rocks," the novel most of my readers seem to prefer, and I should be able to have it published in due course. 

My seriously noted publications include, "Rassie", by Macmillan Publishers, who also published "Love on the rocks"; and "Carjack", published by Longmans. 

I am also writing a rather memoiristic manuscript that depicts the light, and at times, humorous aspect of my experiences with Botswana Heads of State. It is not really a memoir, and neither is it biographical nor autobiographical. It is a capture of anecdotes that stand out in my mind, the little nuances and musings that we do not often associate with the gravity of the presidential responsibilities. The major inspiration in writing the said memoiristic work came from my wife, with whom I would share the anecdotes and light moments that to my amazement amused her immensely. 

My wife, Rassie, said to me: "You must write and share these anecdotes... people only write and speak about presidents as if they are not human. Don't write any secrets or confidentialities, just write as you tell me... it makes presidents so endearingly funny and human... don't ridicule, just say it as you told me over the decades, male it light and funny."

That is exactly what I am doing in the latter work that I have so far entitled "Corridors of Power."

No comments: