Wednesday, March 29, 2017


MOONLIGHT

When night is nigh I sigh so high
A sigh of no might to say a lie
That I can survive the length of night
Without visions of you coming alight

...Sleep of the Just....Thabile on granpa lap


Loving the maverick you may be naive
Risking wrath and wreck a brave craze
But behold! I hold nothing back
For without you light turns black

Let me leave me to love and laugh
Yet it’s a lie for the pain is no bluff
Rivers of feeling flow so freely, swiftly
Times of sight of you fleet quickly.....

Not a soul got told this mood is for the moon
This lovelorn sojourn is a plea to see you soon
When last you ascended I was in deep sleep
When last you descended clouds buried you deep

Come out now moon mark the savannah moonlit
Come gracious quirky queen so the sky can be love-bit
For my culture makes a cult out of your night reign
It’s when you are up that us farmers wish for rain….


By Andrew Sesinyi.




No comments: