Friday, July 16, 2010

I'M A MAN OF FAITH, CONVICTION AND PRINCIPLE.

I believe in pluralism, political tolerance and justice for all. I uphold all human rights principles including gay rights and the rights of minorities. I believe in freedom of speech, freedom of movement, freedom of association, freedom of conscience, freedom of the media and all other freedoms that respect the boundaries of the freedoms of others. I believe in meeting everyone and anyone who wishes to do likewise, for it is in broad-mindedness that we lose bigotry and prejudice. It is in broad-mindedness that we make fair judgment for ourselves and others. I resent feeling judged by the company I am perceived to be associating with because for me, socialization is both a gregarious expression and a collection of information and knowledge. Knowledge rests mostly in human eyes, lips and minds. I've lived my life as a free soul in a free society. I've mastered the art of self-expression and will share my views with as broad a spectrum of society as possible. My society is, ultimately, the world. I respect the values of others and where possible wish to learn the norms of others in order to enrich my understanding. I am not a political activist and I have neither the inclination to be a politician nor the complexion to fit that role. I, however, in the expression of my rights, reserve the right to make political comments on political activities affecting me and others. The pen is my power, my lips are my mouthpiece and the world is my audience. These are the principles and convictions for which I would perish rather than sacrifice them.
Andrew Onalenna Sesinyi

No comments: